Five key steps to transforming your business during COVID
Step 1: Manage Customer Contact and Outreach
- Build empathy, and connect with your customers to address the current environment.
- Market your online showroom and remote dealership capabilities.
- Use video for face-to-face interaction.
- Let them know your dealership is open for doing business remotely.
- Update the dealership’s marketing message to focus on customer safety, convenience, transparency, and highlight OEM incentives and payment programs during COVID.
Step 2: Confidently Explain your Dealership’s COVID-19 Policies and Processes
- Send a video introducing the new sales and service processes during COVID.
- Outline vehicle sanitation and social distancing practices for all employees and potential customers.
- Inform potential car buyers of any changes to in-store hours (or closures) and current customers of any changes to service lane hours of operation.
Step 3: Drive the Sales Process
- Provide an interactive, remote deal for consideration with vehicle information (example: a video walk around), and schedule a remote consultation.
- Use Google Hangouts, Zoom, or other video conferencing tools for the remote consultation.
Step 4: Close the Deal Remotely
- Schedule a remote test drive.
- Remote test drives can take place either at the consumer’s home, or in a neutral, public location (such as an empty parking lot).
- The customer can complete the purchase after the test drive.
- Guide online shoppers through their vehicle purchase on AutoFi. Help them submit their credit application and offer advice on F&I protection option screens. Schedule remote vehicle delivery.
Step 5: Implement Best Practices for Remote Test Drives, F&I, and Vehicle Delivery
- Deliver final paperwork in accordance with your COVID policy.
- Set up F&I video chat, and deliver the printed contract or eContract for signature.
- Following your state’s and dealership’s policies, your BDC or salesperson delivers the vehicle to the customer’s preferred location.
Find out how AutoFi can help your business thrive.